Monday, February 20

Having a sprained ankle blows!!

Here's how my crippled life is going....

Going up and down the stairs, I either have to climb up on my fours, or slide on my ass going down.

Getting in and out of the shower, Karen has to carry me in where for the next 10 minutes, I have to stand on my right foot and clense myself.

I have to stay in bed all day since I have limited mobility.

Ice on my ankle 2-3 times a day for 20 minutes.

I have to pee like a girl cuz I can't stand straight and pee normal.

I have a hard time wiping my ass when I shit because I can only put pressure on one foot.

It tires me out easily walking from the parking structure to my desk on crutches.

I have to keep my foot up which can be really uncomfortable.

While getting a drink of water today, I had to keep the styrofoam cup in my mouth, walk on crutches to the drinking fountain, then drink as much water as I can till I have to make the trek back to my desk.

Laying in bed all weekend while it rained/snowed up in the mountains knowing I'd probably call in sick and snowboard this week.

Thank you to Karen for being my 'slave' the past week. I'm very grateful for all the help you've given me!

Gross, I can actually see the bruise around my wrapped ankle. Ankle, please get better soon!

2 comments:

karen said...

you still can't have that bell. i draw the line at being rung at.

i love you, bebe. so sorry you have to deal with this.

Dana said...

how is it you have a hard time wiping your ass? you're sitting down, right?