Saturday, March 4

Haven't updated in almost two weeks. Most of the reason is because my ankle has been bumming me, especially this week. For the first time, I felt like I was really on a low.

Went to the doc's on Monday hoping to find some answers, but didn't get much. He flexed my ankle to which I felt no pain, but when asked to walk, I couldn't. He feared I might've suffered a hairline fracture, esp since my toes couldn't touch the ground while standing up. So he told me to get x-rays (finally!) the following day, and sorta got good news. X-rays didn't reveal any fracture, dislocation, just high tissues swelling. So that was good. Then another set back...

Wednesday, while watching Lost, I had trouble breathing. Everytime I'd inhale, my chest and back started to hurt. It got really painful after I took a shower, so bad that it got me to tears. Karen wanted me to take me to the ER, but I wanted to see if I could sleep it off instead. The next morning, I still had trouble breathing, so I went to Irvine Med and they diagnosed me with back spasms. Good god, taking x-rays of my back couldn't have been more painful. The entire time, I was screaming, because my back was so tense that when he'd lay me down I'd be in pain. The nurse gave me this shot of something which pretty much made me drowsy and I knocked out the entire day. The doc also gave me some Vicodin and a drug to relax my muscles. Friday, I had another spasm attack, to which Joe walked in when he came home from lunch. Dude, it was freakin painful I was literally crying. Image a bad leg cramp, probably 10 times worse in your back. And whenever you inhale to breathe, it gets worse. That's what it felt like. But right now, my back is still tense, however I haven't gotten any spasm attacks. The doc at the ER said its probably from using the crutches and using other muscles to compensate for my ankle.

So hopefully, I'll be getting a wheelchair this week so I wont have to risk any more back spasms. My ankle is feeling better, I can put a lil more weight on it when I stand up. But I'll find out more answers on Wednesday when I see a different doc again. I'm just frustrated that I didn't get an x-ray in the first place. Because of all this mess, Karen and I are gonna be changing doctors. Cuz this is freakin ridiculous.

And I know it sounds selfish, but I just hate hearing what other people have been doing lately (snowboarding, going out, etc.) I guess like what Belle said, to a certain extent, why must people showcase every single thing they do? I guess I'm just jealous that I can't do simple things that other people can do. I apologize if I'm sounding like a selfish prick, but it just sucks in my case. And its just frustrating that the doctor says, "you should be fine in a week or two," when its almost been a month, and I still can't walk. But seriously, for you all reading this, I still love you and I'm not directly mad at you! =) Just sucks being a gimp. I'm praying in two weeks, I'll be completely healed! And I know a lot of people have it worse, but its just been frustrating on my part.

Well, I'm looking forward to next weekend going up to San Jose. It'll give me a chance just to get away for once and clear my mind a lil, hanging out with some friends.

2 comments:

lil jay said...

Dude, sorry you've been feelin like that...we've all been there though.

you'll get better soon, and we can roll out somewhere, wherever you like, he he he...

karen said...

let's roll to vegas. that's always fun.