
These are the Nike V-10's which are closeout models I can get for $140 (originally $350) Yeah, I'm a label whore when it comes to Nike products, but the Nike Roller Hockey skates I own are soooooo comfortable. So why go to another brand? But we'll see if I actually do fork out the cash for them. I'll get my money's worth once I go ice skating say...50 times or so since it costs like $3 to normally rent. But Karen is right, it can get pretty gross renting skates and putting your foot into skates where countless amount of people have done the same thing also.
Anyhow, the rest of the weekend, just chilled and watched the Olympics. I watched the Opening Ceremonies on Tivo and I was disappointed especially during the lighting of the torch. It wasn't dramatic like past lighting ceremonies like the archer during the Barcelona games, Muhammed Ali during the Atlanta games, or the 1980 US hockey team during the Salt Lake City games. Instead, it was some chick that lit something on the ground, then this pyro show around the stadium, which led to the cauldron being lit from up above. I dunno, I guess I was expecting something that seemed more 'natural' than something electronic or computerized lighting the cauldron. But that's just being me.
So far, I'm not too impressed with the results. I guess it was all the hype that the American media is giving...'the best American team assembled.' Maybe I expected major dominance, but so far not a lot going on. It's still early, so hopefully it'll pick up. I just want USA hockey to do win the gold, which they probably wont. boo hoo. Oh well, just think Lake Placid 1980.
Hmmm...maybe I should watch Miracle on DVD for good luck.
I finally got my new Canon SD450, after my SD300 broke broomballing during Belle and Cicely's birthday. Yeah, the LCD screen cracked after I fell to the ice. I can still take pictures thru the viewfinder (is that what you call it), but I can't change any of the settings. Oh well, bigger screen this time and a spare battery from my SD300. Just in time for Valentine's Day and my trip to the bay!
3 comments:
you and your nikes. sheesh. i only want a pair of generic ice skates.
i konw man me too. the cheapest ones i can get, as long as they're more comfortable than the rentals.
But they're on sale!
Post a Comment