But damn it! It really frustrates me because usually on breakways I'd bury those goals. I'm not saying I'm a dope ass hockey player cuz I'm not. But I have enough skill to score those type of goals. I know on the second breakaway, I shot high to the right side, but the freakin handle of the goalie's stick got in the way. THE FREAKIN HANDLE...which is like an inch thick if anything. Yeah, it must've been luck, but on my part it was just too frustrating.
The highlight of the evening was our new jerseys...


Pretty freakin' sweet huh? Yeah our team is called the Fatties. I guess cuz all of us are a lot older, fatter, and more out of shape than we were when we first started playing back at UCI. We've gotten some pretty dope comments. But still...we lost the damn game.
Well, the Olympics are starting in just one more day. I'm really excited for Team USA. I expect Gold in most of the Alpine events. I'm not too sure about the rink...speaking on the ice. A lot of debate is going whether Michelle Kwan should be going to the Olympics. Is she gonna finally win her elusive Olympic Gold medal? I really doubt it, but I hope I'm proven wrong. As for hockey, well I don't even expect for the men's team to medal. Even though they are sending the dream team from the NHL, their defense and goaltending wont be good enough against Russia and Canada. Canada is so deep, they can probably put four different Canadian teams, and still win the Gold. But we'll see what happens. I think the women's hockey team has a chance to beat Canada, even though Canada is favored. Its pretty cool they have an Asian on their team, named Julie Chu. She's been on the team in 2002. And also, their goalie Chanda Gunn is from Huntington Beach of all places.
I dunno what it is about the Olympics I get so hyped up about. Most people don't really care, but its pretty cool to watch countries compete against each other. And I guess I sorta remember how the summer games were here in Los Angeles in 1984. I think that's when I started getting into sports and the Lakers. I even get hyped up listening to the theme by John Williams. Yeah, I'm a dork. Even when we were at Squaw and just being in a place where the Olympics took place gave me some chills.
Which reminds me, gotta Tivo the Opening Ceremonies.
1 comment:
OMG, that is the most awesome jersey ever! Team Japan should adopt that for the olympics. Hehe!
Post a Comment