Friday, February 17

So what's worse than losing at a competitive sport?

Getting injured.

Yes, I injured myself during my game on Wednesday. I thought at first I sprained my knee, but no, I srained my ankle pretty bad. I was skating in on a breakaway until some defender caught up to me and at the last minute, sorta knocked me off balance. As that happened, the puck rolled off my stick in which the goalie tried to cover the puck as it was rolling towards him. Instead, he sorta caught my skate which forced me leg in a weird position which sent some weird feeling up to my knee. I was down for a few minutes and helped off the rink to the bench. And we lost the game 6-3.

Got home, and iced the knee, but I woke up in the morning with my ankle hurting like a bitch. I went to the doctor, fearing that I tore ligaments, but she said it was just a bad sprain. My ankle is really swollen and I can barely walk. I've had my roommates and Karen help me around the house and finally got some crutches from my coworker. Thanks everyone for all the help. Hopefully this weekend, the swelling will go down and I'll be able to somewhat walk better.

Well the doctor said it'd take a week for the swelling to go down. If its still hurting after 2 weeks, I'd have to get x-rays. That's what's making me scared. I just hope I don't need surgery or anything. Doctor's nowadays, sometimes you can't trust them.

I think this is the most damage I've done to myself since elementary when I was in the 5th grade. I got in a skateboard accident where I cracked a rib, sprained my wrist, and lost a tooth. Plus, I've had the normal jammed fingers, slightly sprained ankles in basketball. But surgery, no way. So I hope my ankle heals fast enough to go snowboarding again! Its gonna be snowing here soon and plus I got a Mammoth trip and another trip to Tahoe in the next couple of months.

No comments: