Thursday, October 13

So the whole softball/hockey thing...

Yeah from a competitive perspective, we'll probably be losing all of games this season. For both sports, they put us in a more competitive division. So in a way that sucks. But it's still a lot of fun.

We had our first softball game this past weekend. We played a team that has been playing for 10 years. I don't even know what the score was because we lost by the mercy rule. Shoot, by the time it was the 5th inning, we needed 8 runs just to be withing the mercy rule. But we lost...a billion cagillion to 4. Lou Lavarro hit a 3 run homer. That was our highlight of the day. But I'll admit, it was a lot of fun. I don't remember seeing a team getting blown out that much, and then end up laughing and smiling in the end.

Hockey...is slightly different. I think all but 2 of us haven't played hockey in two or three years. So we're all out of shape. We've lost 8-1 and 6-1. The first game was bunch of laughs. Last night's game, was a little more frustrating. But what do u expect, we're out of shape, have no chemistry, and we're in a division where the skill is more advanced than its suppose to be.

No goals or assists so far. Just 2 penalty minutes for holding. I blew an open net the first game, and blasted a slap shot just wide on the left side. Hopefully, next week we'll make some progress and score 2 goals.

1 comment:

Life said...

Lose all your games? That's okay. At least now you and Klarisse will have something in common :)