Friday, celebrated Jevon's 27th birthday at his sister's. It was Star Wars themed, so most of us got decked out in Star Wars gear. It was pretty cool, most people got creative in their own way making their costumes. I went in as George Lucas, decked out with a fake beard, flannel shirt, jeans, sunglasses, a fat gut, and a cap. The beard was a little too long, but whatever. Had a lot of fun that night. Here's the picture of Colonel Karen and me...

Happy Birthday again Jevon!
Saturday, Karen and I met up with Lou, Belle, Sherwin, and Ryan for lunch at Wahoo's after their run in Irvine. Then later on that night, my parents came down and we watched this Beatles cover band perform with the Pacific Symphony Orchestra at the Verizon...yes of course for free. It was actually pretty cool, they sounded like them and also acted like them. Now it wasn't like fans screaming at Dodger Stadium and girls throwing their underwear on stage. Instead, we were mostly with the old fogies with their granny pants and Depends. However it was a lot of fun. I found it incredible listening to Beatles music live on stage, instead on a CD for a change. Imagine, hearing "All You Need is Love" performed live with the symphony in the background, with strings and that trumpet solo in the end. It was really awesome. My parents really enjoyed the show, which made me smile. I'd turn to my dad, and he'd be singing along. None of us will ever see the actual Beatles in concert, but this would get as close as it would get. It was cool during 'Hey Jude' when the crowd of over 12,000 whipped out their cell phones and started waving them. It created a cool luminance in the darkened amphitheater. The last song they played was 'Twist and Shout,' the perfect song to end with the crowd dancing and singing along. That night was probably one of the best nights I had with my parents in a long time.
After the show, Karen watched 16 Blocks which we Netflixed. Sunday, kicked it at Son's house for a bit for an afternoon bbq, then hung out with Kristine at night.
Today, my co-worker and I got free LA Times suite tickets to tonight's Dodger game against the Reds, but we both decided not to go. He went to all 3 games of this weekend's Angel/Yankee series and was just tired from all the baseball. So we decided not to go, which was fine since I got to play softball. It might be the last time with my co-workers, since people are going back to school. As a result, the team I played on won, and I finally tasted victory for the first time in softball! Go me!
No comments:
Post a Comment