Sunday, August 27

Crap, just found out today Canon released a couple of new products.

First, is the new Digital Rebel XTi (the 400D).




From Canon's website, this new camera is an upgrade to the Digital Rebel XT (350D) which boasts a new 10 megapixel CMOS center, a 2.5 in LCD screen, a nine area autofocusing system, and a new dust reduction system.

Now I'm currently happy with my XT and its specs, but man, it sucks to invest in something, then a couple of months later a, new upgrade comes out. Damn, technology! Oh well, I still love my camera.

Another thing that came out is the new 70-200mm f/4L IS (Image Stabalizer) lens.



This is gonna make it difficult to purchase my future telephoto lens. According to dpreview.com, this will cost about $1250 when it is released in November. Now, I had my eyes set on the the regular 70-200 f/4L non-IS lens for under $600, but now this bad boy had to come out. What sucks even more is deciding between this or the f/2.8 non-IS version which is just about the same price as well. Hmm...IS vs faster lens. What to do?? I can solve my problems and just get the 70-200mm f/2.8 IS but that sucker costs about $1600.

Damn it! I decided to get f/4L over the 70-300mm IS since the L series is known for its quality, but man now they HAD to come out with a new IS version of the f/4 right before making a purchase. Great...now I have to make ANOTHER decision!

No comments: