Monday, January 2

Happy New Year everyone!

Wow, 2006 already. Time seems to never slow down, especially in this day and age. I think I'll have to keep double checking myself writing checks with the correct date.

Anyhow, had a awesome 3 1/2 days off from work. Had some people over our pad for New Years Eve. Wasn't much, but a perfect crowd to enjoy Scene It, Mafia, hooka, and alcohol with. In fact, we all were up till 5 am enjoying ourselves. Thanks to those that came over. Had lots of fun. Although it caused me to have a slight hangover the next day, it was all worth it. In fact, I think my cough is just about gone. Amazing what Jack and Cokes, hooka, and champagne can do.

Got to enjoy dinner for a couple of nights with some friends. Ate at BJ's with a group on Friday and ate at Hooters on Sunday. Also watched two movies during the weekend: The Producers, which was pretty hilarious if you've seen the live show, and Munich, which was pretty freakin long but a pretty good movie.

I'm a little excited for the next few weeks, as I wont be working a full week of work until the end of the month. I'm only working four days this week, four days next week, and three the following week. It's been raining lately, and I'm getting amped up for Tahoe since its been snowing up north.

As for any new years resolution, I don't have any. Everytime I try to do something, I never really follow through with it. It might be a bad thing, but I don't wanna set myself up with something, then in reality I don't follow through with it. I'm not gonna say something like, "I'll quit smoking" cuz I've heard that shit so many times from others and it never happens. I'm probably gonna be just the same person as always and not change anything. Maybe I'll try to be a better person than I was, like spending more time with my family or being more active in sports and athletics. But I'll only change to a certain extent.

A lot of events and issues have occured in my life the past year, some good, some bad. This years Tahoe and Chicago trips were awesome. The good, I'll always cherish; the bad, some will never be fixed and I'll always hold a grudge. Should I get over these issues? Yeah I probably should. I know some people probably think that I need to just move on from it. The problem is that people don't know the full extent of the damage that this has caused: all the sacrafices I did, and the bullshit in the end. People have heard me vent, yet they still don't understand. But I'll be honest, it will take time. And by no means am I going to let the New Year change myself. Sorry call me stubborn, that's just the way that I am. Why should I fix something which I didn't break anyway? Fuck that shit.

So it'll take time for these issues to calm down and forget. But my thoughts and opinions about certain people will never change.

Wedding Crashers is out tomorrow on DVD and PSP. So far, a good start to the new year! =)

1 comment:

Dana said...

wow. maybe i should try that to get rid of my cough!