
1,108
That's how many miles we traveled this weekend going to and from Lake Tahoe. What a trip it was!!
Things began horrible once we picked up the car rental. Karen booked the car after she was given the info we'd be getting a deal on an SUV with four wheel drive. I figured cool, we'd be getting a GMC Envoy, a Ford Explorer, something along those lines right? And what did we get?? A freakin Jeep Laredo...without four wheel drive! Dude, that car is freakin small and ghetto. Though it did come with half a rear wind shield wiper. Oh and better yet, it came with a power adjustable driver seat, but a manual adujstable passenger seat. The hell is that about?
Okay, so once I got the rental, I looked up what kind of stuff I needed for the rack we were gonna use from Ryan. I bought the universal Yakima mounts for $45. So later that night, we got to Ryan's to meet up and load stuff...turns out that I needed another bar that runs across the bracket to mount the rack. So that didn't work. Well, it turns out that we would just shove all of our luggage in the Laredo, and everyone else inside Ryan's Yukon.
After a late dinner at Mocasalsa (I sat this one out cuz I didn't wanna rock it), we started our journey at 1 am. Once we got on the 99, it was nothing bug thick fog! So thick, we ended up at a Denny's parking lot 4 hours later at Fresno to sleep and wait the for the fog to clear. We continued on a lil past 8, and met up with Sherwin at Elk Grove for some breakfast at Denny's.
After dropping off Sherwin's car at my uncle's pad, and buying chains for the Laredo at the local Sport Chalet, we left for Tahoe around 2 and got to the place around 4:30. The location was perfect: In Tahoe City, near the lake, near groceries, only 15 miles from the freeway, and 6 miles from Alpine Meadows and Squaw. The first night we just ended up chillin, having a nice bbq, played some games, drank a lil, and just kept warm and hung out.
The next day we got to Squaw around 11 or so. Once we strapped in, I found out that my left binding was loose. I tried tightening it but I couldn't find the hole to screw in cuz snow kept going in. It's a lil complicated to explain. Anyhow, two laters later, they shut down the mountain because of an Avalanche warning. It was pretty scary. Soon enough, we were at the bottom of the mountain and were heading home at 3:00. It sucked, but at least all of us were safe. So we just decided to chill the rest of the day at our condo as the snow kept coming down.
Sunday, we woke up to a clear perfect day...a new foot of fresh snow, calm breeze, and sunshine. Jay had to leave early in the morning for a baptism and took a flight back. Ry and Cicely took him to the airport in Reno early in the morning, so we didn't see Jay leave. Sherwin and Keno decided to take a bus trip to the mountain (Turns out that it took them 3 or 4 hours to get back to Squaw) The rest of us didn't start right away cuz we watched the Colts lose to the Steelers. Sorry Lou and Belle. I wanted them to win also. Anyhow, Cicely and Ry knocked out while the rest of us drove back to Squaw after the game. We decided to save $29 and wait another 45 minutes for night boarding which was only $20. Got a couple of dope runs in. Then later that night, we met up with Cicely and Ryan and went ice skating. Man, was it fun! Took some dope pictures, then Sherwin, Keno, Lou, and me did one final mountain run. At first it was pretty awesome cuz it was just us and maybe a handful of people on the mountain. The temperature was in single digits, and it was just a rush coming down the mountain...until I freakin ate it and landed on my face. I busted my lip and it swelled pretty quick. I guess I missed an edge while trying to carve and I just ate it. Though I had to snowboard a lil slower down the rest of the way, it was still a lot of fun.
Monday, we packed up, checked out and took some crazy pictures before leaving. We finally left Tahoe around 2:30. And after a dinner stop in Elk Grove before Sherwin left, we finally left for home around 8 and got home in Irvine around 4 am. Having an Ipod Video helps. We watched some episodes of The Office and Love Actually.
Till this day, I'm still tired but the whole trip was worth it.
Click here for the pictures.
Thanks everyone for a wonderful weekend! Let's do it again!
No comments:
Post a Comment