Wow, already a week into the new year, and so far...what a year!!
First, a major change at work as previously discussed. Although it has lead to drama amongst people who were upset about the change, it was neccesary and had to be done.
Second, USC lost!!! Whoo hoo!! I watched the game with some friends at Jon and Flori's. Jon and I were the only ones rooting for Texas! And what a game it was! There were some controversial calls, but unfortunately that's how sports sometimes goes. People will always blame Vince Young's knee being down. However, USC was up by 12 with about 4 minutes left. Their defense should've held Vince Young in check, but they didn't. What made me a lil upset was that all month long, it was USC this, USC that, USC will win easy, blah blah blah. So when the game finally ends, with Texas celebrating, and after the two coaches meet to congratulate one another, who gets interviewed first?? Pete Carroll, head coach of USC. The 2nd interview?? Matt Leinart!!
WTF?? The team that was 'suppose' to win 3 straight national championships, just blew a 12 point lead and lost the biggest game of the year! And they get the first national broadcasted interviews?? what the heck!? Vince Young and Texas manhandled USC defense! At least one of their athletes should've gotten interviewed first, get some national recognition. And Matt Leinart said during his interview, 'We were the better team.' Man, that's bullshit. No respect or credit given to Texas. I know its not a big deal, but I'm tired of the 'USC this USC that' talk.
But anynow, I guess this was the first time I've ever really cheered for a team from the state I was born in. But I guess being a Trojan-hater, it makes it so much better that Texas won! So congrats to the Longhorns!
Third, I went to the Kings/Coyotes game with Karen, Cicely, Jay, Belle, and Lou. It was a lot of fun. Check out the pictures. I didn't take a lot of action photos, but more photos with my buddies. Kings went up early 3-0 in the first, then scored an empty netter in the 3rd, and the Kings won 4-0. It was cool, Karen finally saw Luc Robitaille play and he scored two goals. The game was fun, but it was a little dead. Not a lot of hitting and no fights. Kigns were awesome offensively, and Phoenix couldn't get anything going. Mathieu Garon made saves look easy. And ooooh man! Them danger dogs were sooooo good! It was well worth walking back towards the other entrance. Yummy! Although my farts were burning (No, Cicely. I didn't fart in your car while driving!). Anyhow, the Kings are still in first place in the Pacific Division. I hope it stays that way and we can finally bring the Stanley Cup to Los Angeles!
And I noticed after attending four games this season, this was the one I actually had to pay for! Haha, yeah I'm a spoiled fan at work. Imagine going all season long without paying a dime for tickets! Wouldn't that be sweet!
Gotta lot of preparing to do. Need to get ready for Joe and Kelly's wedding tomorrow. And gotta get ready for TAHOE next week!! Still need to rent that damn SUV/Truck! Whoo hoo!!
No comments:
Post a Comment