We won our hockey game tonight 7-4. Pretty good game, we had the lead throughout the game. I felt really energized and in shape, after only playing in my second game this season. I made a couple of nice moves away from defenders. There was one play where I was on the right wing boards and I sorta twisted the defender around. He sorta got lost, so another defender got on me quick. From that point, I knew someone was open so made a perfect flip pass in the slot to a wide open teammate. But he blew it and shot wide. Its okay, from my standpoint my vision on the rink is getting a little better every game. I also scored two goals tonight, one that was suppose to be a cross-rink pass on a break, but it hit a defender and went straight it. Another was on a two-on-one break and I buried it. I guess the new elbow pads I bought helped =). So I dedicate my two goals to two friends that just recently had their birthdays: Jay and Dana. Happy Birthday to both of you again.
Well despite my two goal performance, I think I need a new stick. I'm thinking of picking up one of the intermediate sized Easton Synergy sticks. I need a lil more flex on my shot for more power. Problem is, it costs about $150. I still have to pay my Best Buy bill for my Ipod, and plus I have other things coming up (Jay's birthday, Kristine's birthday, Valentine's Day, and my plane ticket to the bay for Romeo's graduation). So we'll see if I can afford it.
I'm exhausted, yet this week is going by pretty fast. This is my first full week of work of the year. Been having 3 and 4 day weeks cuz of the holiday breaks and Tahoe.
Can't wait for the weekend already. Got broomballing part two for Jay's birthday, possible free tickets to the Kings/Ducks game at the Superstore Saturday afternoon, and partying it up with Jay and friends in Long Beach that night.
Okay, time to sleep. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ......
No comments:
Post a Comment