I think I had one the dullest weekends in a while...
Friday didn't do much. I waited for a phone call from a certain someone for dinner, but it didn't happen. So I just died of boredom at home by myself while Karen was out watching Wicked at the Pantages.
Saturday, I went to the dentist for the first time in a long time. My teeth were fugly. But now they're cool. I have to go back to get some fillings on a couple of cavities. I think only 2 or 3, which isn't bad considering I haven't been to the dentist in two or three years. I don't eat a lot of junk food, so thats a good thing. Picked up Chels and Karen at work, and filled my clean teeth with food from Macaroni Grill. Then later at night, I got pretty faded at a housewarming party. I haven't drank that much in a while (7 beers). Not bad, cuz I didn't eat a big meal either. But it was a lot of fun. I thought I was gonna be hung over on Sunday, but I felt fine, just drank a bunch of Gatorade before I knocked out.
Sunday, did nothing excited again. I was watching the food network and had a craving of pork chops. So I made some Parmesan Crusted Pork Chops, courtesy of Giada De Laurentis, and some Egg Drop Soup, courtesy of Lina Diche (my mom). Good stuff...here's how to make the pork chops (sorry the Egg Drop soup needs to be kept a secret):
Some pork loin chops (4 or 6 of them)
Olive Oil (about 4-6 tablespoons)
Salt and Pepper
2 eggs
Italian Style Breadcrumbs
Some grated Parmesan Cheese
Alright, first season the pork chops with a little salt and pepper. Heat up a skillet with the olive oil. Beat two egs inside a flat bowl (big enough to dunk the chops into) Pour some of them breadcrumbs in another flat bowl and the parmesan cheese in another flat bowl. Dunk the seasoned chops first, in the cheese and cover it all over. Then dip it in the eggs, then the breadcrumbs, then fry them bad boys. Fry em for about 6 minutes (depending on the thickness of the chops-these are for a medium sized cut, about 1/2 an inch cut) on both sides. Serve with a squeeze of lemon, ketchup, or my favorite - Mang Tomas roast sauce. Or just eat the chops by themselves, up to you.
Quick and easy. If any of you read this, let me know how it turns out.
2 comments:
ay beb... you could've just posted the food network website.
you're so cute.
Yeah, but whats the fun in that? that's cheating!
Post a Comment