Monday, September 25

Pretty awesome weekend...

Friday I checked out my co-workers musical down in San Juan Cap. It was pretty cool, despite being a low budget production of "You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown." It was a fun night hanging out with Chels and Bobby for the evening.

Saturday, drove up to Oxnard to visit the folks and to shop at the Nike Outlet for running gear. Unfortunately all they had were a couple of compression shirts and no shorts to my taste. But I bought a couple, after they were only $15 each. Then I blew another $60 at the Kenneth Cole store and bought some pants and socks. Freak, I'm such a Kenneth Cole whore.

Karen drove us back to Long Beach that night and we all knocked out at Jay and Jovan's for Sunday's Nike Run Hit Remix. Such an awesome event! It was really fun...finished the 5 mile race in just over an hour. The bands were pretty cool. Young MC: dope, Vanilla Ice: blah (I stayed for a minute. He had a bunch of ugly,sweaty, female runners on stage, and he was pouring water on them with his water bottle, asking "Who Loves Sex?" So I just left), Coolio: dope, Digital Underground: WTF? De La Soul, AWESOME! I only saw a few minutes of De La cuz I went to look for Karen at the finish line. She never showed up so security told me to leave where I was at and I decided to look for her in hopes to cross the finish line with her. But after walking back towards the Digital Underground stage and noticing no one was running, I came back and found out she actually arrived even before I got to the finish line to look for her. Good Job Karen!! Black Sheep was also there, but unfortunately I only heard them from outside the Coliseum. Oh well, still such a great day to run!! And congrats to Karen, Lou, Belle, Cicely, Jay, Ryan, Glen, Jovan, Jennifer, and everyone else who particpated!


(Karen and me in front of Young MC's stage. Photo courtesy of Lou Lavarro)

Hopefully this will inspire me to run more often and participate in more events. Chicago is having a half marathon on October 1st which would've been cool. Hmmm...maybe that'll be a good excuse to travel...run around new cities and just exploring the cities while running an event. Hmmm...

Sweet, went to Chicks recently, and noticed they had their snowboarding gear up already for sale. Can't wait already!! And I found another co-worker I can ditch work and go snowboarding with Karen and me! Whoo hoo!

Boo, 0-3 in my Fantasy Football league.

No comments: