Monday, September 18




It's been crazy for some people the last couple of days at work last week with the opening of the new concert hall. On Thursday, Governor Schwarzenegger stopped by the new hall and took part of the Ribbon Ceremony. Check out the pictures. I still see him as the Terminator and not the Governor of our state. Friday, was the night of the opening of the hall which included a symphony concert with Placido Domingo. It was a lil crazy, sorta reminded me like prom, with everyone preparing for this big black tie event, guys wearing tuxes, girls wearing gowns, caterer's preparing the food, red carpet rolled out, bartender's getting the champagne ready. But it was cool. Here are some pictures from the night.

There were a few celebs that night including Luka from ER and astronaut Buzz Aldrin (who I helped escort to the correct door to his seats, even though I didn't know it was him till later). No one really significant from Hollywood showed up, but no big deal. So all I did was just escort guests in, making sure they were heading in the right direction, then had a free meal at the Wyndham, watched the fireworks show, and partied it up that night at the Center Club with some free alcohol. I had a blast that evening.

The rest of the weekend was just enjoying football, especially my Michigan Wolverines pounding on Notre Dame. Although I was hung over and wasn't able to cheer and scream while watching the game, it was still quite entertaining. The Dodgers are now in 2nd place, but hopefully things will change. Fantasy football, I'm down by 24 points with 3 players playing in tonight's game. Let's see if I'll win.

Going back to the whole gala and that evening, we had a lot of fun, but I'm getting to realize that I'm outgrowing this place. Afterall, I've been here ever since I got out of college with three different positions and I think I'm close to moving on. In all honestly, I'm finding out that I can't work with certain people, even with those I'm okay with. I guess I've done all I could and I guess sometimes things don't really turn out the way you wished it would, whether its with my own position or with certain relationships with people at work. So, maybe a change would be good for me. Dunno if it'll happen soon, but its the first time where I've really considered it. I wanted to stick around at least until the hall opens and at least have 2 years under my belt with my current position. And now that it has happened, there's nothing really to look forward to. So we'll see what happens.

Time for more football and baseball...

1 comment:

Dana said...

arnold will always be the terminator. i'm not even really sure what he's accomplished as governor.