Sunday, October 1

Busy weekend...

Friday, was a little emotional and we wished Chels goodbye. No worries, cuz we'll see her, but just not as often anymore. Then, Karen and I went to my God-bro's wedding in San Clemente. My pictures turned out blurry, so I'm not sure if I'll post those. But we had a lot of fun. His wife, Becky, is one of 11 chidren. Yes, 11!! Crazy? God, I hope my sister doesn't have 11 kids. Number five is coming in November and she's having a boy! Anyhow, the reception was at her parents 2 million 5 bedroom-5 bath home. This family knows how to throw a party...they had 90 bottles of $350 30 year-old bottles of Dom Perignon. So if you do the math, that's like almost $32,000 on just champagne! Plus they had an open bar. So yeah, I had like 4 glasses of those, and a glass of red and another glass of white...both tasting soooo good...like melted butter after you sip it. I think it was the first time I've ever gotten pretty faded with my pops. Good times!

Saturday, Karen and I hung out with Belle, Lou, Ivy, John2, Jevon, and Millicent at D&B's and watched Little Miss Sunshine. Man, it was HILARIOUS!! I was literally crying of laughter. It was cool cuz I noticed they shot the end at Ventura Beach. I used to work right behind the hotel where they had the pageant so it was a trip to see places I drove through when I lived in Oxnard in the movie.

Sunday, practiced softball for a bit, then Ry and I headed to the Oakland/Angels game. And freak...we were so close!! How close??? This close...



2 rows behind the Oakland dugout! Here's more proof...



Pretty freakin crazy! And of course they were free!! Thanks to my co-worker for hooking it up! Sucks cuz I meant to bring my XT, but I forgot it at home. At least I had my SD450 with me. Ryan and I had a couple of chances to catch a couple of balls the A's threw to the fans, but we had these little Oakland fans in front of us so they ended up with two of them. Ryan actually had the ball in his hand once, but dropped in front of him. Oh well!

Fantasy football....blah, my team sucks, 0-4. I had my hockey draft tonight and pretty proud of it. Dana, if you're reading this, I drafted Andy McDonald for you!

Time for another week. Studio 60 is freakin awesome. And can't wait for Lost to finally start! And shit, hockey starts this week too! Plus the Dodgers are in the playoffs!! And we start softball on Sunday! Go Shockers!!

Here's to a great week!

No comments: