From year one:

all the way up to today:

You are the best thing that has happened to me. I love you!! Happy Anniversary!!
Weekend wrap up:
Friday, watched Dirty Rotten Scoundrels at my work and it was freakin hilarious!! I kept laughing throughout the show! Saturday, woke up to run 4 miles for the first time ever with Lou, Belle, and Ryan. They ran 12, so I met up with them during their last 4 miles. Man, I was tired! But it felt great because I've never ran that far before. I'm still out of shape, but hopefully that'll change soon and I'll be fit for the Nike Run Hit Remix. Watched some college football and the US Open Women's final. Later that night, Karen and I had dinner at Blue Water Grill. Yeah, not the most romantic place, but I was craving their Cioppino so I was happy! Then for some reason, I guess the run made me really tired so I knocked out at 11. But thank you Karen for the new Disney passes! Whoo hoo...more churros, ice cream, and prime rib at the Blue Bayou!
Sunday, pretty much spent the entire day with Ryan and Karen. Went shopping for running shoes and found the Asics Kayano XI's for only $70 at Finishline. I really wanted some New Balances, but after slipping my feet in the Kayano's, man it was heaven for my feet. Oh, and what's crazy....this was my first pair of non-Nike/Jordan shoes I bought in almost 10 years. Crazy huh? Man, even my hockey skates are Nike and softball cleats are Jordan brand. Shocking isn't it? Well I know Nike doesn't make the best running shoes, so I was sold on getting New Balances. But man, those Asics Kayano's feel soooooooo freakin comfortable, I had to get them. It gives my feet orgasms every time I walk.
Then the last part of the night, we met up with Chelsea at work and watched Dirty Rotten again. Busy weekend, but had a lot of fun. Thanks Ry for helping me find some shoes. I can't wait to break em in already!
Anyhow, today marks the 5 year annivesary the 9-11 attacks. Where was I at?? Well I remembered Rozanno's phone going off early in the morning and hearing him saying there were bomb explosions somewhere. I was half asleep, so I woke up later and saw the news on t.v. Pretty shocking. I still had to go to work, and it was such an erie feeling driving up the 405. The freeway was empty and because of the attacks, there were no planes landing at John Wayne. Sucks cuz everyone in the surrounding buildings and our administration were allowed to leave work, however I still working at the Box Office, and we had to remain open. Boo huh? So much for our personal safety.
Have any of you seen this before? This was televised I believe six months after the attacks. It was suppose to be a documentary about a rookie firefighter joining the New York City fire department. On the morning of 9-11, they get a call for a gas leak in the streets. And as the the 1st plane hovers below them, the cameraman tilts his camera just in time to see the first plane hit the towers. They also have coverage of them being inside the towers when they fall. It is truly an amazing documentary, yet very sad.
From another nerdy sports standpoint, two scouts of the Los Angeles Kings were on United Flight 175, the second plane from Boston that crashed into the World Trade Center. So as a Kings fan, it hits me a little.
We live in one crazy world. Okay, to make myself happy, I think I'll watch Team America or listen to the soundtrack. Here's one of my favorite songs from the movie:
3 comments:
Aww... You just got major pogi points.
heehee aww you guys look so cute! dude that first pic, y'all look young=P. yay happy 3 year!!
happy belated yo :)
Post a Comment