Wednesday, June 21

Had a chill weekend. Went shopping really late (about 10:15pm) on Saturday at Robinsons-May at Mission Viejo. I needed some new dress shirts and had to take advantage of the 15-hour Father's Day Sale for myself. Also discovered Guitar Hero (thanks Kristine) and played that for a bit that night. It's pretty addicting. Sunday, went to Oxnard to see my dad for Father's Day and just hung out at home. I also waited for my sister and her family to drive up, which wasn't until 10pm. So I chilled with them for an hour before driving back to Irvine. I wished they came earlier that way I could hang out with my neices and nephews more. Its pretty rare that we all get together in Oxnard. My sister, her husband, and their 4 (soon to be 5) kids, its pretty hard to make the drive up from San Clemente. Lucky, they get to stay there for a week while I slave away at work.

Good gawd its been so busy and crazy this week at work. Wicked finally went on sale on Monday and it was pretty crazy. Check out this line (from front to back)









Look at these jackheads. This was taken about 11:00 that morning. If you can notice the line wraps all the way around and back. That guy in the pink is the last one in line at that moment. And that line would not end...from what I heard it was a 6 hour wait for those that stayed in the line. The box office was suppose to close at 6, but had to stay open until 9:30pm. Can't forget about the 2300 or so calls over the phone, which jammed our phonelines (we couldn't make outbound calls), plus the idiots that jammed our website to purchase tickets. A lot of pissed off people...finding out nothing close was available and waiting all day. I've seen the show in Chicago...its good, but it aint the best thing in the world. I've heard people as far as Utah were trying to get tickets.

Now, I don't work at the box office anymore which is great...I don't have to deal with these people. But it just brings back memories of doing on-sales that were crazy, but not as crazy as Wicked, and all the mayhem involved (Mamma Mia, Rent, Phantom, Les Miz, Mariah Carey, Clay Aiken, Jethro Tull, etc.). I felt sorry for those that had to deal with these patrons and their anger for not getting tickets. One patron actually got as far as speaking with one of the Vice Presidents about their anger of having to wait so long and not being able to buy tickets.

I think this week kinda just made my week crazy and kinda made me really irate with just people in general. I've heard people were literally crying because they couldn't get tickets. Bitches, grow up...shit, its just a damn musical. But yeah, it made me want to kill people. This week for me is officially named I Hate People Week. But yeah, a lot of shit going on, not just with Wicked, but other stuff both work related and not.

Let's see what else makes it I Hate People Week...The damn Miami Heat winning the NBA finals (I still can't believe it), the Dodger pitching staff fuckin up, found out the musical I hate the most is coming back to my work, and other stuff.

Highlights for this week....going to Vegas to get away from all the bullshit from this week, my new passion for Guitar Hero. and scored some free tickets to the Dodgers/Angels game next week.

Calgone, take me away!

3 comments:

loudogg said...

I agree...the world was much better when all these annoying people weren't around. We need to take it back to the cellular level, where the worst thing others can do is accidently bump into your flagella.

lil jay said...

insanity yo

me said...

haha calgone take me away..that's what i think about when i see those "cowboy, take me away" bilboards! sorry you had such a rough week..have fun in vegas!