Awesome...
Just watched the beginning of game 3 of the Stanley Cup Finals between Carolina and Edmonton. The game is in Edmonton and during the national anthems, the crowd was actually singing the United States national anthem. What was even really cool was halfway through the Canadian national anthem, the guy who sang the anthem stopped and just let the crowd sing the rest of it. Pretty awesome, and much respect to the Edmonton fans. I'm always ehhh when it comes to hockey and Canada, but that was really cool of them to even sing the American national anthem and then go all out with their own. I remembered one time it was either in Toronto or Vancouver where they booed the American national anthem once. That kinda ticked me off cuz that was disrespectful.
Up to now, I'm not sure who to cheer for. I sorta want Edmonton to win just because they're the first 8th seed to ever make the Finals. But they were sorta the rivals of the Kings during the whole Gretzky era. And I also wouldn't mind seeing Carolina win just because its one of them cities in the US that doesn't really favor hockey as much as Northern cities and Canadian cities do. If they win, hopefully it'll just spread a lil more awareness of the sport in the States.
Dodgers are finally in 1st place by themselves (but for how long??)! US lost to the Czechs in World Cup play (boo!)
Didn't do much this weekend except go to the Fundue party at Cicely and Belle's, witnessed a freakin suv smash itself into the wall on the 5 freeway on the way home, and clean our room and apartment. Oh yeah, and finished season 2 of Entourage...again.
1 comment:
True that. It'd be nice to bring a cup back to Edmonton. But damn, they're down 3-1 now.
Post a Comment