Wednesday, April 5

This year's Mammoth trip was sooooo fun. Although, it sucked waking up Sunday to daylight savings time. Booo to losing one hour of sleep. However it was very fun.

During the week, I was deciding whether to try snowboarding or not. My ankle was feeling a lil better, and it was the first time I was able to walk without any crutches. I tried on my boots and strapped on to my snowboard and tested it how it felt and it felt fine. So just in case, I bought two new Oakley lenses for my goggles and a new Under Armour hood. So I brought my board and gear with me, just in case.

Turns out, I was actually able to snowboard, however I was only able to do one run. It felt uncomfortable wearing a brace and having it dig into the top of my foot. And plus, I couldn't carve heel side since it was difficult with the brace on. I did okay overall, but towards the bottom it got really bumpy and made my ankle feel uncomfortable. So to be safe, I just decided to call it a day and just kick it in the patio and kick it with whoever came down from the mountain for a breather. Sucked that I wasted $70 and could've probably gotten the begginer lift access for $30 instead. Oh well. Thanks Joe and Cesar for the beers!!

As always, the trip was full of non stop laughs, from Glenn spilling the entire toothpick dispenser to Friday night's Catch Phrase battle, it was a weekend of good old laughs. Too bad it was too short. Maybe we can do it again but with more people.

Well, I got another trip set next week for Tahoe during Easter weekend. I should be able to board with more comfort then. Hehe, got new Burton Hail boots, thanks to Flori and Jon in telling me that Active was having a 50% off all snowboarding gear sale. Now I'm broke till Tahoe.

A couple of sports news....Kings suck and are tanking. Lost to Anaheim again. Its sucked cuz I could've gone to the game with my co-worker cuz they had a OC Register pre-dinner at the Pond for their clients. But I wasn't sure if I'd be able to walk, so I decided not to go. Its cool though, I got two autographed pucks from J.S. Giguere and Scott Niedermeyer. Although I'm not a Ducks fan, its cool that my manager got em for me.

Oh and too bad for UCLA. They had a great run in the NCAA Tourney, but came up short. Florida was too good for them, though they seemed like cocky lil sons a bitches. Sorry, I'm not a huge Gator fan. Though, lately I've been hooked on to the drink your school created (Gatorade).

Here's the pics from Mammoth. Enjoy! And thanks to Jay for organizing the trip and to everyone for coming out.

No comments: