Monday, April 10



Had a pretty chill weekend. Went over to Brewbakers in HB for Jon's birthday. It was pretty cool. Although I didn't really help out making the beer (I don't know the process of making beer, I just drink it), it was pretty cool witnessing how the whole deal works. And the bread...mmm mmm good! Check out the pics. In a few weeks, we'll be heading back to bottle up the beer we made and put our own labels on em. Our apartment is gonna be a freakin' brewery since Joe, Tommy, and I split an order. We already have the root beer Karen, Flori, and Cici made. We actually tried a bottle and its pretty good. Karen's getting their labels on Wednesday. Nice call Jon! Happy Birthday again.

Had another physical therapy session today and man, did she work me. It was probably the toughest one I've been through. Still have some pain, especially in my inner ankle. She made me stand on my bad ankle on a small circular platform with a ball at the bottom of it. And she wanted me to have all edges of the platform touch the ground using my ankle muscles. It was so difficult I thought I was going to collapse. So I really gotta get going on my ankle. I can walk okay, just have a lil pimp walk action to it. Hopefully next week I'll have a lil more muscle, especially in my inner part of my ankle. Each week, its get better and better.

But I swear, this thing is taking forever to heal!! Freakin' Chris Mihm of the Lakers is going to be 100% healed before I will. And dude, he got injured like 2 weeks after I did. This week is would be my 8th week. Yup two full months with a bad ankle! Granted, they have their own team trainers and shit, but damn it! This sucks!

Ahhh...Dodger season has started, and they're playing pretty decent. It's something to cheer about, especially since the Kings are gonna be ousted from making the playoffs. They fired their coach, and possibly their General Manager will be out soon. What's sad is Luc Robitaille will be announcing his retirement tomorrow. He is the King of Kings in Los Angeles, and is the most popular player in Kings history, even more than Wayne Gretzky. (sidenote: after Hurricane Katrina hit, he helped out 2 familes move in to his Utah home, and they live there now for free. How fuckin awesome is that??) It's been a frustrating year for the Kings, from division leaders, to tanking to 10th in the conference. Pretty sad that Luc has to go out on a such a bad note. I hope the Kings get new management that will step up and make a difference. Spend more money for better players damn it!

Man, what a fuckin bad year for hockey for me. The Kings tank, Robitaille is retiring, both the men and womens' Olympic team fail, and I fuck up my ankle. Oh yeah, and the Ducks are in the playoffs, too! Bad, bad year!

No comments: