I'm in some kind of weird funk today. I don't know exactly why. Work wasn't strenuous or anything. It actually went by pretty fast. I guess, for some reason, yesterday's physical therapy session was a lil more difficult and painful than anticipated. And I guess, just dwelling on it today, kinda made me feel like a failure. I know its just one session, and I did some excercises that were impossible for my ankle to do, but I dunno, I guess I just expected my ankle to do what was expected.
And then comes the dwelling part that kicked in....yunno, the stuff I had to go through, and all the stuff I missed out on. Yeah I know, its bad to dwell on stuff, particularly in this case, but I guess this whole thing gets a little frustrating now and then, even though I am improving. I think not even being able to tip toe on left foot because of my ankle, just got me feeling down. Something, simple as that, I couldn't do. Like my entire foot was being magnetically stuck to the ground.
Yeah, I know, I'm overreacting a bit. I kinda have that feeling of being a replacement. Yunno, like since I couldn't walk and wasn't really mobile, others had to replace me with their plans. I wont get specific. But just sorta sucks to have that type of feeling, and then later on you hear about it and sucks because you could've been part of it, but didn't. And then, you get that feeling where they just forget about you completely.
I'm honestly not looking towards to Tahoe just yet. I thought I would be at this point...I get to break in my new boots and attempt to snowboard again. I know I'll probably do better than at Mammoth. But it just hasn't hit me just yet. Of course that'll change come Thursday. But I just wish I was a little more excited.
Ehhh....I'm not expecting readers to feel sorry for me. That's the least I want. I aint no attention whore like other people who thrive on it. It just gets frustrating at times and I need to vent. Yeah I know, some people have it worse...a lot worse. Just sux, yunno? Oh well, that's life.
I need a beer. A nice Newcastle or Hef will do. Hmmm...Happy Hour starts again in 3 1/2 hours.
No comments:
Post a Comment