Monday, March 27

If there's one good thing about having a messed up ankle, is going to physical therapy. Yeah, it sounds a lil dumb, but for some reason, its such a morale booster for me. I'll be honest, I get really moody about being a gimp: Not being able simple things like walking, standing in the shower, being able to get up and get seconds for dinner, doing the laundry yourself, stuff like that. And then I think about the stuff that I've missed out or going to miss out on (snowboarding at Mammoth, Ducks/Redwings game in a suite, meeting up with old friends at a restaurant or club, etc.) So it bums me out, but then again I try to make some good out of it. But just attending P.T. just makes me feel better, I guess because the therapist knows what I'm going through and is actually trying to make to fix me up. And plus, the ankle massage she gives me feels sooo freakin good. Then end the session laying down, icing the ankle and you just chill there listeing to music from KBIG (hehe they actually played B.B.D's "Poison" on the air, which was a lil odd, but I liked it.)

But yeah, its been bumming me out this week. The sports doc said it'd take 4-6 weeks to heal. And this week, is now my 6th week and I'm still on stupid crutches. I've already booked my flight to Tahoe this Easter and it looked like I wasn't gonna be able to snowboard then either. First Mammoth, now Tahoe. And it just blows how it keeps snowing on the mountains, with more to come.

Well, the therapist wants me to be walking by Monday, which I found out I can sorta do. It's still difficult putting weight on my ankle, but I'll work on it throughout this week. So while everyone is snowboarding, I'll be doing my excercises and trying to walk around the cabin. So things are starting to look promising. Even though it sucks that I can't snowboard, I think it will just be worth it being around good company, and that's one thing not to be bummed about.

Anyhow, here's to remember one of the greatest NCAA Basketball games ever...


GO BRUINS!!!

No comments: