Thursday, March 9

Okay quick post on a few things...

Saw the Sports Doctor today and he examined my foot. Pretty good news, as the swelling is slowly going down and i'll start on physical therapy soon. He said that it usually takes about 4-6 weeks to heal but I should be able to walk at least with one crutch soon. So that's gonna help. Gotta go back in a month for a check up to see if its fully healed. I'm hoping that with the help of physical therapy that it'll get better fast and maybe I might be able to snowboard at Mammoth. But we'll see.

Got the wheelchair for San Jose. That'll help out a lot. And its not one of them wheelchair's you'll see at a hospital...yunno the typical green looking ones with the wired spokes. This one's more black and actual modern looking. Thank you Auntie Nita for the help!

Oh...totally forgot to blog about this....but believe it or not...I actually watched Rent on DVD a couple of weekends ago, and actually sorta liked it. I guess I got a better understanding on what the hell was going on. There's still some stupid parts, but its a musical, of course its going to be stupid.

But what made me appreciate it more was actually the special features, and the whole making of Rent. I didn't know that Jonathan Larson (the creator, writer, etc.) past away of some heart condition the night before the show opened in New York. And he was just a typical person...he was a waiter at a New York diner and quit because he wanted to concentrate in producing Rent. So he never saw an actual run of the show he created. And basically, the story of Rent is his life and what he was living before he passed away. And to know, that the show opened up in such a small theater, maybe a 100 seat theater if anything, and to become so successful that it had to move to Broadway, I thought was a big accomplishment, especially to an artist like him. To start from scratch, yunno, no money, struggling, and making it big with something you've created is just fuckin awesome.

So in the end, I did like the movie, and now have a huge appreciation for it. Although I don't swear by it, how those fuckin' Rent-heads think its the best musical ever, it's an okay musical. I have some friends that are close to being Rent-heads (some that try to deny it), which kinda bugs, but whatever. Would I pay to watch it?...I've never had and probably never will.

Okay gotta take a shower...prolly wont blog till we get back from San Jose where we will see Mr. Romeo Dimaano turn into Dr. Romeo Dimaano before our very own eyes. Very exciting!

Lay-ers! (in that cute Keira Knightly/Parminder Nagra/Bend It Like Beckham British kind of way.

2 comments:

me said...

heheh don't worry..you'll soon be converted to a "rent-head"..you shall see=P..woohoo for san jose! glad your ankle is getting better.

Joes said...

haha! no way san jose!! i'm not turning into a rent-head!!

san jose in 11 hours!!