I started my first session of physical therapy today, which I admit was a lil scary but yet a little exciting. I guess just knowing the fact that the worse of my ankle is behind, I can move on and build strength on it so I can walk again. It was cool, the therapist actually was massaging my ankle just to get it relaxed and to get the fluids going. It felt pretty good, especially at the top where it almost felt like she was massaging out a knot. She showed me some excercises and some methods of putting weight on it. I guess a lot of it is mental, because I'm so guarded and cautious with my ankle. So she just told me to relax more so I can gain more confidence with it. She told me I should be walking in two weeks, which is perfect timing for Mammoth.
However, that means I wont be boarding at Mammoth which freakin blows. But at least I'll be able to walk around and not be hobbling in crutches like in San Francisco. So Tommy, you can officially use my snowboard for the weekend. I'll just chill at the cabin and probably hide Sherwin's luggage so he can freak out a little bit. (I doubt Sherwin knows my blog so keep it on the DL, please! hehe j/k!)
But Karen and I booked our flight to Reno/Tahoe for Easter weekend, so I'll probably be able to snowboard then. I don't see why not. The therapist said that it would take at least 2 months to get it healed, but I should be well enough to board then. I would be totally bummed if I didn't.
So for now, I'll do all I can to get this ankle well. Next physical therapy session is next Monday and I hope to have a lot of progress by then.
Congrats to Cicely, Jay, and Jovan for completing the L.A. Marathon this past weekend. I don't even remember the last time I've even ran a mile. It kinda makes me a lil intimidated to run the Disney Marathon in September, even though its half the distance at 13 miles. Hmmm...maybe I should run it and also schedule an appointment at a spa and just get a freakin massage the day after. Yeah, that sounds good. And then if I get all sore and ache too much, I can punch Sherwin in the face cuz he told me to sign up. Yeah...even better!! hehe, just kiddin Sherwin! (or "Sher-winnie" like Belle says!) Again, congrats!
No comments:
Post a Comment