Being sick has bummed me out for the holidays. I'm so far behind in work, I haven't done any Christmas shopping, haven't researched for our Tahoe trip, haven't played hockey in almost a month, etc, etc. Being sick hasn't really put me in the holiday mood just yet. Hopefully that'll change. Still gotta go to Disneyland too!! Anyone wanna come along with Karen and me?
Had a pretty good weekend. Karen and I watched Love Actually on Friday. I love that movie, I think its my favorite chick flick. And plus, its a pretty good holiday flick too. I think it was one of the first movies I watched with Karen, so its always good to watch it with her.
Saturday I went to Staples with Ry and watched the Clips vs. Suns game. Clips won that night, and afterwards they had a celebrity basketball game. Check out the pics. It was cool, celebs like Ice Cube, Snoop Dogg, Matt Lillard, Donald Fasion from Scrubs, James Lesure from Las Vegas, Tyrese Gibson, and Frankie Muniz particpated. Hugh Hefner and some Playboy models also showed up. It was some Charity Event that Mark Whalberg was putting on.
Sunday, Karen took me out on a date, and we watched The Chronicles of Narnia. It was really really good! I was suprised I liked it more than I would. Good call Karen! It's not your typical kids movie, I think anyone who watch it would really like it. I'd probably go out and watch it again.
I guess in a way I'm a lil sad cuz I miss my dog, Wickett.

She passed away just before Thanksgiving last year at the age of 14. I had her since I was a sophomore in high school, and its still a lil weird going home to Oxnard and she's not there. She would've turned 15 on Saturday. I miss her a lot. She's a Lhasa Apso, and is such a Tomboy. She burps, farts, snores, etc. I'll always remember the last few moments I had with her.
Well, my mom was taking her to the vet frequently last year. She had an infection in her foot and she was lymping for a few months. The vet also found lumps in her stomach. I went home right before my birthday last year to visit her and she wasn't looking too good. But she was really happy to see me. I was hoping she'd last throughout the holidays last year, but she didn't. Right before Thanksgiving last year, my mom wanted me to come home because she was suffering and it didn't seem like she can last. But I couldn't come home for some reason. A few days later, my mom took her to the vet, and he said that it was time to put her to sleep because there was nothing else to be done. I know my mom was really sad. She told me if she could see Wickett one last time before she had to go. So the the vet brought her out, my mom gave her a kiss and told her that she loved her, to be at peace, and said goodbye. My mom left her there, and we never saw her again.
Okay...seriously, tears are streaming down my face...On to happier things...
Oh by the way, I fuckin hate cats!
Going to the Kings/Ducks game on Friday at the Pond. Scored some free tickets through work. Gotta love the freebies!
Okay, as promised, here are some links to some pictures...
Cicely and Belle's Birthday Extravaganza
Thanksgiving with the friends.
Thanksgiving with the family.
Welcome back Jay!
3 comments:
hey! i hope you're feeling better. i'm gonna be at the pond on friday too! GO DUCKS!
Cool! Maybe I'll see you there! GO KINGS!!
i am so sad about your dog!!!! =( =( =( i feel your pain =(
Post a Comment