Merry Christmas everyone!
Hope you all had a great Christmas weekend.
As for me, it was okay. It was mostly chill and quiet. But overall, it was good.
I got off work early on Friday at noon and received an early Christmas gift, in which I found out our receptionist at work is quitting. Why the good news?? I wont get much into detail, but I'll use one example and you can fill in the blanks from there.
There was one time I called John John on his cell phone about something, but I needed an answer as soon as possible. I called him around 11 so I knew he'd get my message around noon when he went on lunch. So I sat at my desk the entire time after 12 waiting for his call. Usually, John John is pretty good about getting back to people, but I never got one. So later on, I find out that John John did in fact call me. Apparently, he called the front desk around 12:30, but the lazy ass receptionist didn't transfer the call to me, and instead told him that I was out to lunch. Hello, bitch?? Are you my fuckin secretary? Do you know my freakin schedule??
So, although there are maybe like two people at work who will probably miss her in the entire theater (I'm not going to mention names), the rest of us can be a lot more happier working. She's made life a living hell at work, especially to Karen. She's given no respect to Karen as her boss. She may look cute to some guys that want to get in her pants, but fuck that you desperate idiots.
And frankly, I don't care if you idiots are reading this blog anyway. You know who you are.
So to our receptionist, in the words of Brandon Boyd of Incubus, "GOOOOODBYE!!!! NICE TO KNOW YOU!!" HAHAHA!!
Friday, we all headed to Jovan's and Jay's for our annual Christmas party. Great food and great times. Best dish: that one chicken that Chris brought. Damn that was good!! Scene It was awesome, though it took freakin forever. Best laugh of the night was the "Stupid and Stupider" incident. 30 people standing up and yelling out the answer! Freakin awesome! I also got to play mafia for the first time. My acting skills paid off, haha!
We had our white elephant gift exchange and I ended up with a package of 10 beers from around the world. Karen ended up with the gift she brought - R. Kelly's Trapped in the Closet DVD. Word of advice: teaming up with a friend to develop a strategy of stealing gifts so you both can have what you want never works. Just ask Jovan. But the night was just awesome.
The next day, I drove Karen to the airport so she could meet up with her parents at the airport. I dropped by to visit Kristine and my sisters family to drop off gifts. Later in the night I drove to Oxnard and got home pretty early, thinking we were going to midnight mass. Instead, I came home and found my parents knocked out on the couch, and soon enough, they went to their rooms and knocked out. So much of family time.
Overall, Christmas was okay, but it didn't really hit me. Probably cuz I've been sick the past few weeks and also, it hasn't been cold really. Usually, I'm excited to see family and spending time with them, but on the way home, I couldn't stop thinking of others that wouldn't be celebrating Christmas with their families. For one, I was thinking of Allan Espiritu's families, both his own family, as well as his own kids. Still bums me out a bit.
Plus we didn't get to open our presents till 10:30 at night. My parents were busy all day cooking and I guess they were just burnt out in the afternoon. I got a PSP from Karen (my girlfriend is the best), cologne, clothes, cash, and a grip of Best Buy cards! Can't go wrong with Best buy cards. I think I have about $135 saved up from last year. Hmmm...maybe I should get a new Ipod.
Shopping wasn't all that great either. The mall in Ventura sucks major donkey balls. They don't even have an American Eagle or a Banana Republic there. They do have a sorry ass Gap store, and an Abercrombie store, but nothing great. Just picked up a tie for a wedding I'm going to in January at Macy's.
However, I got to see some friends again in Oxnard. I got to see Romeo, Ram, and Resty in a matter of hours. It was pretty fun, haven't seen those guys in awhile. Esp Resty, I don't think I've seen him in over 2 years. In fact, I still had his Christmas gift a few years back which I gave him yesterday. Haha!
Anyhow, Christmas was okay, but it could've been better. I think it was fun with all the hype and preparation for other people's gifts. But when it came down to my own Christmas, it was a lil weak. Of course, its always fun with my parents, and I never take that for granted. It just wasn't all that great, since my sister didn't come up with her family. Oh well, next time.
But I gotta enjoy the empty freeways going to work and the empty parking lot. Gotta enjoy it while it lasts. I get off Friday at noon, and off on Monday, but yet no official New Years plans. Hopefully that'll change.
Gotta a lot to look forward to in January: New Years (whatever happens), College Football Championship (GO TEXAS!!), a Kings game, a wedding, Tahoe, Jay's birthday, and soon enough Superbowl!!
No comments:
Post a Comment