Monday, December 19

I woke up this morning shocked about two things...

The first, I turned on the t.v. and saw the Colts loose to the Chargers. Wow, I thought they would go all the way this year undefeated. Sorry Lou and Belle. But don't worry, they'll still kick butt this year.

The second, is a lot more serious. I came across one of my friends myspace accounts to find out that one of my high school friends was killed in Iraq in November. His name was Allan Espiritu and he was Corpsmen for the Marines, which I guess is similar to a medic. He was killed by an explosive inside his Humvee. Click here for a short story of him and here for his obituary.

I'm still shock of the news. I haven't seen Allan in almost 10 years, probably since I was back at Oxnard College. Allan was a nice person. He sat in back of me Freshmen year in Alegebra and we sometimes helped each other out with our math problems. I remembered one time, I was walking home Freshmen year and he was about to get ready for football practice. I remembered him yelling, 'Joesan!' I turned and I was all, 'Hey, wassup Allan?' And he actually took time to walk over to me, in full football pads, and we just talked a little. Asked how things were, how I did on the last Algebra test. I thought it was pretty cool that he'd actually stop and walk over, I guess because since he was a football player and I always assumed jocks were too cool enough to talk to the non-jocks. But it was something that just stuck in my head about him. Hehe, on a side note, I actually had my first 'kiss' with his ex-wife back when we both were living in Guam. I think we were both 3 years old at the time...haha. Anyhow, rest in peace Allan. You fought for our country, and died a hero.

On to more happier news...

I went to the Kings/Ducks game at the Pond Friday night, and the Kings won 4-3 in a shootout! It was so awesome!! I had two extra tickets that I tried desperately to give away, but couldn't. Our seats were dope...check out the pics. The Kings went up 2-0, but I knew they weren't going to keep the lead. Anaheim actually took the lead 3-2 until rookie Petr Kanko scored his first goal and tied the game 3-3. The Kings almost won with 30 seconds left, when Pavol Demitra went in on a breakaway, deked out J.S. Giguere and hit the post. The game went to a shoot out, and both Demitra and Alexander Frolov scored on their attemps while Kings goalie Mathieu Garon stopped Teemu Selanne and Scott Niedermeyer on their bids. It was awesome!! The crowd was going nuts!! Karen was a little bit nervous cuz we were going into enemy territory, but I told her not to worry cuz there are always a lot of Kings fans that go to the Pond when they battle each other. When we got to the parking lot, we noticed a bunch of Kings fans wearing their jerseys. At the game, it seemed like 60 percent were Ducks fans and 40 percent Kings fans.

Its a little sad that Anaheim can't even fill their arena with a good amount of fans, but i guess since the kings have been around since 1967 and the Ducks only since 1993, there are going to be a lot of loyal Kings fans around. Its funny though, cuz at Staples, there's barely any Duck fans around. On Friday's game, most of our section were Kings fans. So we got the perfect seats!

Afterwards, we headed over to Jay and Jovan's for the tree decoration. The guys taught me how to play a little bit of Warcraft, which still confuses me. I dunno if I'll ever get the hang of it. The tree looks awesome, though I know making the garland of popcorn was a pain. Can't wait for Friday!!

Saturday and today, I did most of my Christmas shopping. I just have a couple of people left, then I'm done. I headed over to Best Buy yesterday around 5:00 and found a line of people waiting for more releases of the XBOX 360 on Sunday. I talked to my friend Kirk who was working, and he said they were there at 6 am. Pretty crazy!

As for my bronchitis, I'm still coughing but it seems to be fading away. Hopefully I'll feel better by Christmas. Just sucks that its taking so long to go away.

And on a final note before hitting the sack...I just booked our Tahoe cabin for MLK!!! Just going to wait for the confirmation email tomorrow! Whoo hoo!!

3 comments:

me said...

hahah heyyyy of course you get one of me sleeping..not one of me grueling over those popcorn garlands..hahah all good..woohoo tahoe! thanx organizer men=P

Joes said...

Its the sexiest picture taken that night!! haha!

Tommyboy said...

Sorry to hear about your friend Joes.