Today is the 4th anniversary of the September 11 attacks. Its crazy how its already been 4 years. I still remember that day clearly.
I remember being waken up by Rozanno's cell phone. I guess his mom was saying two bombs exploded in New York. This was still around 6 am, so I was still half asleep. I went back to sleep and woke up around 8 to get ready for work. When I went to go outside to put my shoes on, the news was on in the living room and I was just shocked what I was seeing.
I then left for work, heading north on Main Street in Irvine. It was pretty eerie, as there was no planes flying into John Wayne Airport that morning. Throughout the day at work, they kept televising the planes hitting the WTC. I don't think I was more stunned that day. What sucked was that all the buildings and offices around the Center were closed. After awhile, the Center's administration office also closed for the day. But for us Box Office employees, we had to stay open. I found it ridiculous that everyone went home for the day, but we had to stay open. I understand that we're open 24/7 365 days of the year. But in the wake of a disaster, we have to stay open? Sad but true.
Today, Karen and I watched the 9/11 documentary that we Netflix'd. I've already seen this when they televised it on the 6th month anniversary. Its basically about two French filmakers that were suppose to film a rookie fire fighter, becoming a man in New York. It turned out to be a documentary of the tragedy, which depicts video o the first plane hitting, as well as the two towers collapsing while firemen were inside. It's a pretty interesting, yet sad documentary. I recommend you watching it. It just gives a small taste of what the people in New York went through that day.
On that note, my thoughts and prayers go out to those families and victims lost on 9/11 as well as those involved with Hurricane Katrina more recently.
No comments:
Post a Comment