Thursday, September 8

Just got back from our Labor Day trip to Chicago. Probably the best trip ever! We did a lot, had a lot of pizza, watched Wicked, rode the El, went up top to Sears Tower, went to Millenium Park, Buckingham Fountain, the Signature Lounge up the Hancock Tower, a Chicago River/Lake Michigan Tour, and Wrigley Field.

Click here for pictures.

Chicago is such a beautiful place, combined with both contemporary/modern buildings allong with old historic ones. Shopping and restaurants were down the street, with the subway station a few blocks away. I'd love to live here, though I'm not too sure if I can deal with the weather. We picked a perfect weekend to go, not too hot or humid. But I know its not always like that.

Wicked was a nice musical, although I was really tired Friday night. I only got 45 minutes of sleep and wasn't able to sleep on the plane. Southwest isn't that comfortable. I probably would've enjoyed it more if I wasn't too tired. But it was pretty good. However, it was overplayed at our hotel room by Karen and Kristine. Good thing I slept outside in the living room with Ryan and Jevon. Ana Gasteyer was really good. Ben Vereen played the Wizard as an understudy.

Honestly, its a good musical, but its getting really played out for me. Its a good musical, but its not the greatest.

Lots of fun and laughs. It was a great way to get away from California and all the shit that's been going on with me the past month or so. Now its back home for more bullshit the rest of the month.

I can't wait to move out of my apartment already.

No comments: