Sunday, July 31

I'm in Oxnard this weekend. I wanted to get away from everything back at home in Irvine...the people, the weather, some drama, etc. Karen and I were going to stay here for one night, but the weather is so good here right now, we decided to stay another day. Luckily we brought extra clothes.

Its been really hot down in Orange County. Our bedroom feels like a sauna, even at night. Its been so hot, I've been having trouble sleeping. I'll have the fan on, and it wont help. Its been so bad, I've had to sleep in my boxers, which I rarely do. Its nice and cool here, maybe in the low 70's with a nice beach breeze during the day. Big change!

So that's one of the reason's why I decided to stay...the weather. If there's one thing I miss about living in Oxnard, its definitely the weather. Of course, my family is the main reason (and was my dog until she died this pass Thanksgiving. I still miss her), so its nice to come here now and then.

Before coming to Oxnard on Friday, Karen and I went to the Dodger game against the St. Louis Cardinals. We got comps and free parking when Karen went to the INTIX conference earlier this year. We got there pretty early, around 6 with the game time at 7:40 pm. When we got to our seats, the Cardinals were having their batting practice. It was a treat to see Albert Pujols hit the balls out during his practice. He hit one so far that it hit the top of the back wall of the Dodger's bull pen. The crowd even gave him cheers for doing so. We also had our first Super All Beef Dodger Dog. MMMM!!!!

I thought the Dodgers would get wupped on since St. Louis is probably one of the best teams in baseball right now. I'm glad I was wrong, the Dodgers won 7-5. Karen and I left after the 7th inning, didn't wanna stay in traffic getting out of Dodger Stadium. Its a bitch getting out there, and it would've been hell if I was fighting my way with 47,500 other fans.

It was fun, but I just wish Karen wasn't so sick right now. I could tell she was out of it. At times, I felt I'd be cheering by myself cuz she'd be so out of it. I can't blame here though, she's been like that for a few days this week. Poor baby!

Went to bed, with no problem since the weather is so nice. Woke up, had lunch, then went to the Camarillo Outlets. I must say, this would probably the first time I walked away with nothing in a long time. I was gonna grab a pair of jeans from Gap, but I figured I can get cheaper jeans for $30 somewhere. Plus, I have a weird feeling about buying jeans from an outlet. I've bought some before from there, and they ripped after a year of wearing them. So I walked away with nothing. I'm pretty excited, they're opening up an Aeropastle soon. Though I really like their clothes and their price, I'm thinking to myself, "how much cheaper can they get." Not that I'm complaining! They'd have crazy sales, like 2 shirts for $20 at their retail store. So are the shirts going to be 2 for $10 now?? We'll wait and see...I'll be back here for my mom's birthday in August and hopefully it'll be open by then.

After that, Karen and I went to Target then came home to have home cooked dinner awaiting for us. Karen wasn't feeling too good, so she knocked out early while the rest of my family sang karaoke. I just stayed upstairs and looked at some pictures on Karen's laptop with Incubus Alive at Red Rocks in the background.

My cuzins also told me I'm getting fat, which I don't mind. I've weighed the same for a long time. But I've gain some weight since the last time I've weighed myself (I'm at 150!!! I was 130 a year ago!) Its all the food I eat. I should cut down...but food is so good!! Damn carnitas! I'm eating too much of it! But its just oh so good!!

So now, its past 1 am, everyone is knocked out. I'm probably going to read a chapter or two with this book that Kristine told me to read. This is probably my first book I've read since college. The only other book I've bought in the last 3 years are Sole Provider (which is a book on Nike shoes - just looked at the pictures so far) and Frommer's guide to Chicago 2005 (gotta research for the big trip!) So far, the book (Me Talk Pretty One Day) is pretty funny. I'm actually laughing out loud when I read it. I wonder if I'm going to turn into some bookworm like all them Harry Potter freaks out there. (Not all of you are freaks, but damn there's a lot of you!) For now, we'll see how this develops.

Time to read a chapter, then go to sleep. Gotta take advantage of the weather before I feel the heat again in Orange County. Good night!

1 comment:

Life said...

You gained 20 lbs. in one year. Join the club.

I'm working the seat sale! Yay!