Tuesday, July 12

I gave in...I got my ticket for Wicked in Chicago. I don't really wanna watch the show cuz I hear it left and right wherever I go. But I guess I'm going for the experience. I'll eventually like it though, since I heard its really good. It shouldn't be that bad. Not compared to Rent or Mamma Mia.

I hate those musicals, especially Rent. Its such an overrated fucked up musical. I had to deal with all these stupid lil Rent-heads at work, asking for freakin front row ticket when it was here. Stupid idiots would camp out all night just to get the rush tickets later that day. You people don't have a life. I don't see the point in that stupid musical. I watched it twice, and hated every single moment of it. The first time I watched, I sat behind these two bitches that would look at each other and start singing to each other. 'Da fuck dude? The 2nd time, everyone gave it a standing ovation, but I sat in my seat. The musical's fuckin dumb. At the end the gay bitch is about to die of AIDS, then out of nowhere she's all fine and dandy, and they start singing and dancing? Who wrote this shit?? I heard the movie is coming out later this year, with the original cast. Will I go see it?? Probably fucking not. I'd rather stay home and watch porn than pay $10 to sit with other stupid Rent-heads singing their stupid asses off. I can probably plant a bomb in every theater in the country and kill every Rent-head out there.

Mamma Mia, I just hate it cuz I hate ABBA. Plus, where's the creativity behind that?? Creating a musical using music from an old band? Be, original you Broadway bitches. Write your own music.

So what's my favorite musical?? Les Miz! Lion King is up there, creativity-wise. Nice sets, well-done lighting design, and outstanding costumes. But the music/story is dumb. Its Simba's fault for killing his dad. If he wasn't so freakin stupid and mischeivous, Mufasa would've been alive. I'm sure I'd probably love Spamalot once it tours. Wicked...it could be up there. But fuck Rent!

Speaking of musicals, I checked out Movin' Out at my work. It was actually pretty good. The band was cool and the dancing was great. Some cheesy parts, but what musical doesn't have cheesy parts?? At least its not that fucked up musical Rent.

5 comments:

karen said...

my poor, poor boy. girlies are driving you crazy, huh?

Life said...

Movin' Out is kinda like Mamma Mia in that they don't use original music either.

Joes said...

yeah but Movin' Out uses dance to tell the story. That's whats creative about it. The music is just background stuff. Mamma Mia isn't like that. It's not original, nor creative.

Joes said...

and plus Billy Joel was part of the creation of Movin' Out. I don't think ABBA was. Aren't they dead yet??

karen said...

abba is still alive. the 2 b's of abba (Benny Andersson and Bjorn Ulvaeus) are noted as having written the score.