Sunday, July 24

Another nice weekend...

Friday, work was pretty cake. My manager was off so it was just me at my end of the department. Very quiet, yet still got my work done.

Later that night, we had a black out in our neighborhood. It was pretty freaky cuz before it happened, I ran upstairs to get Karen's laptop and once I flipped on the light switch on, the power went out. So, I might be blamed for the outage, using that last bit of energy before it happened. It was a little fun actually. Sorta remind me how it was when I visited the Philippines...hot, humid weather, pitch black everywhere. We just lit some candles in the living room and upstairs. Karen was sleepin on the couch, Bert read his Harry Potter book., and Jean and I played Pusoy Dos. We were blacked out for about 45 minutes until the power came back. But it only lasted for 20 minutes then we were blacked out again for another 30 minutes. We all resumed our blackout activities. Jean beat me five in a row at Dos. I know she cheats, freakin cheater! j/k!

Saturday, Karen and I decided to double feature BeWitched and Mr. and Mrs. Smith. She wanted to watch those two and we had a couple of movie passes, so we used one for BeWitched then snuck in to Mr. and Mrs. Smith. I liked both movies. Will Farrell was hilarious and Nicole Kidman was cute. Mr. and Mrs. Smith was entertaining, yet there were parts that were too good to be true. It's still pretty good. Angelina Jolie is so hot in that movie. Then we had dinner at Fridays. Sucked cuz I left my leftovers there. Oh well, so all I pretty much paid for was the one ticket and dinner for a night of fun with Karen. Not too shabby.

Also got to witness the preview for Rent. Blah!! I'll admit, it does look pretty good as the story looks like it'll be portrayed better, and it has most of the original cast. But I'm not gonna watch it in the movie theaters. I can't stand being around Rent heads. They make me wanna kill them...slice their throats and blast them with a shotgun. So instead of taking the risk of being on death row, I'll wait till it comes out on dvd. or just not watch it all so I dont waste my time on it. Again, I'd rather watch porn.

Today, Karen and I met up with Jevon, Jovan, Cicely, Jay, John2, Ivy, Lou, and Belle at the Block to watch Wedding Crashers. Again, we had passes so it was free. I must say, a freakin hilarious movie! I was laughing at parts so hard, it hurt!! I'd probably watch it again. Then we all went to Fridays (Except for Jovan and Jevon) and had dinner.

I realized after the movie that we watched 3 movies, 2 with Will Ferrell featured, and 2 with Vince Vaughn. I have watched this many movies in a weekend in a long time. Not bad, we only paid for one.

Thank God for Gift Certificates and Regal Rewards!

1 comment:

karen said...

goodness, joes. i don't like it when you're that violent and graphic. try to be more pc and tactful please.