I'm a little bummed right now, finding out that Barbaro's chances for survival now our pretty slim. It was about two months ago we all saw the 3 year old colt break his leg in the Preakness. He looked good and seemed he was gonna pull through, but they're saying on ESPN that his chances of survival are poor. Feel pretty sad about the colt, but hopefully by some miracle, he'll survive.
Anyhow, I've been thinking about traveling lately. And I've sorta narrowed my options...
1) Chicago at the end of October
B) New York in December
III) Hawaii in December
I wouldn't mind visiting Chicago again, there was a lot we could've done while we were there, instead of eating overpriced sushi the last night we were there. Places like the Shedd Aquarium, Navy Pier, I'd still want to check out. Hmm...possibly a Blackhawk game or a preseason Bulls game at the United Center might be an option. Then i'd get to take my picture with the Michael Jordan statue. The food there is freakin awesome, and the people are friendly and helpful (even this bum helped us get back on Michigan Ave). I could probably also hang out with Karen's relatives for a bit also. And after looking at a $200 roundtrip plane ticket during the last weekend of October, I'm very tempted.
New York...I've always wanted to visit that place in the winter when its all decked out in Christmas decorations. And plus, I really wanna lace up the skates at the Rockefeller Center in front of the huge Christmas tree. Hmmm...maybe I can check out a Ranger game there too...or attend an 18,000 seat comedy club (aka a Knicks game at MSG). I could do all touristy stuff, maybe watch a show or something (haha possibly Hairspray or Avenue Q again! Oh, or maybe The Wedding Singer or Spamalot!). But then again...NY is freakin expensive.
Hawaii...I haven't been there since I was in the 4th grade, but I remembered how much I loved it there. It'd be a little more different than Chi-town or NY as its a lil more relaxed. My best friend lives out there and I promised to visit him. Plus, it'd be offseason there, so not as much tourists. However, we all know how pricey Hawaii can get so it's still a question mark.
Don't get me wrong, there a bunch of places I'd want to visit...Canadia, Seattle, Philly, D.C, Boston...but these three places have been on the top of my list lately.
Decisions, decisions, decisions. Anyone have any suggestions? Right now I'm leaning towards Chicago cuz its cheaper and its closer to date. I'm just so anxious to travel now because I probably wont be able to travel till next spring or summer (stupid Broadway shows and new concert hall!)
Help meeee!!!
1 comment:
If you really want to go to hawaii, it might be cheap in October or so...
Chris was telling me he got an entire package for a week for like 600, flight+hotel!
Post a Comment