Wednesday, December 20

I can't believe Christmas is just around the corner. I honestly don't really have that 'Christmasy' feel this year. I guess part of the reason is its been so busy at work, there's not time for me to enjoy it. Then after work, I'm all stressed out shopping for Christmas gifts. And I guess knowing that I have to work the day after Christmas, kinda blows. My sister and her family will be coming up, but they'll be arriving Christmas day, which leaves me just a few hours with them before driving back down to work. So, we probably can't stay up late, watch movies, enjoy some wine, or wake up the next day to do some shopping. Kinda sucks, but I'm making the most of it.

Last week was pretty fun, went to Belle and Lou's place and helped decorate their first Christmas tree in their new home. That night's episode of The Office was hilarious, probably one of the best episodes ever. The following night, Karen and I decided to check out Disneyland. We finally had time to go, but unfortunately it was just way too crowded. Despite the crowd, we had fun. Here are some random shots I took.

Just like Lou, I'm getting really excited for our Tahoe trip this year. I guess anytime I get to fly on an airplane, I get excited for some reason. The cabin I booked is really nice: 3 bedroom, nice living room, 2 car garage, 2 car driveway, front porch, back porch, and a hot tub! I can't wait to get in the hot tub. In fact, I'll probably jump in the moment we get there. Well, probably after unloading, getting anything from the groceries, etc. But I'm exciting cuz I'll be with the best friends in the world. It would be perfect if everyone can go, but its all good. I'm just praying that the weather will cooperate this year, and be perfect so we can all have a blast. And like Lou, I still remember the final run we did at night at Squaw. It was cold, clear, and no one was around. You just feel the cold air breezing against you while you carve down the mountain. It was perfect...until I freakin ate it and busted my lip. HA! Well, hopefully that wont happen this year. There's about four feet of snow at Tahoe right now, so I'm hoping between now and MLK weekend, there would be at least 8 feet of fresh powder. But we'll see.

Been trying to get some last minute health stuff taken care of before my benefits end for the year. Got my new bridge replaced this week (I had a skateboarding accident when I was young), and I'm trying to get my eyes taken care of. Apparently, I have some kind of inflammation in my left eye, which is keeping me from getting a new prescription for glasses. My doctor says it might signs of pink eye, which blows, but we'll see how things go. Nothing too serious though. Stupid eyes.

Anyhow, here are some random shots I took this week at my work and surrounding buildings. I was just killing time before Karen's shift ends. Have a good week and good luck shopping!

No comments: