Ahhh...back from a nice Thanksgiving break. It's been kinda crazy at work, trying to work on multiple things at the same time, and trying to finish everything during a short week. I really needed some alcohol so the weekend began with some sake shots and grub at Shin Sengumi with the roomies, Cat, Ryan, James, Anna, Lou, and Belle. The food was okay, it tasted good...just not enough to get you full. But the sake did its job. We were all feeling good.
Karen and I left Thursday morning for Oxnard to spend Thanksgiving with my parents. Karen's parents and younger brother also drove up for dinner, meeting for the first time. It was pretty exciting as after 3+years that Karen and I have been dating, they finally met. The grub was sooo good! Had turkey, prime rib, pancit palabok, honey-baked ham, stuffing...the works. And yes I shitted a monster.
Karen and I also did our Black Friday shopping, waking up at 4am and heading to Best Buy. It was madness, as I didn't pick anything up worth waking up for. I just got Entourage Season 2 on DVD. Afterwards, we made stops at Office Depot, Sport Chalet, Circuit City, and Target. Picked up a small LCD widescreen t.v., a new coffeemaker, some compression running tops, and a new knife set. Got done shopping around 9:30, then just felt tired the entire day.
Saturday morning, Karen and I left for Irvine to drop off our stuff, then met up with my parents at my sisters and had Thanksgiving all over again at her house, since she couldn't travel to Oxnard. Got to grub again, drink a couple of glasses of Ramey Chardonnay, hung out with the kids, played baseball and basketball with my oldest nephew, watch the freakin Trojans beat Notre Dame and move into 2nd place (they so don't deserve it!), then headed home and knocked out.
Sunday, Karen and I slept in. We watched Tenacious D at the movies (a lil bit of a disappointment), then met up with Lou, Belle, Ryan, and Tommy for some sushi. Very eventful weekend, yet went by so fast. Now its back to work. Boo.
Its finally getting cold, and I'm getting excited for snowboard season to start. I saw this cool Ride jacket at Sport Chalet that I'm eyeing on for the season. I also got a new Camelbak to use on the slopes. Our annual snowboard trip is almost set, and we're heading back to Tahoe City again...at the same exact cabin...hopefully =) I checked, and its still available, so I'll probably book it soon.
Oh yeah, the new Incubus CD is pretty dope! I'm very impressed with it. Each song sounds very different which is really cool. Just shows the variety of talent in the group.
Quick things I'm thankful of/for:
My family, my friends, my loving girlfriend, my job (tho it doesn't pay much, i'm just happy that I have a job), my shoes, my Michigan Wolverines, my Ipod, and my XT and lenses. The end.
No comments:
Post a Comment