Monday, May 15



I didn't realize until this weekend how much fun San Diego can be. Usually, I'm there just to visit family, but sight seeing-wise its freakin awesome. Friday, Karen and I celebrated her birthday first at Sea World. Although the weather wasn't great, mostly gloomy all day, it was really cool. We didn't hit up any of the rides cuz we were there mostly to see the animals. Damn, sea lions are fuckin mean ass animals. You think they're all cute, especially watching the sea lion show, but then you walk across the way where you can feed those bastards, and they can be the meanest sons a bitches ever. There was one that got all jealous and started yelling at one cuz he was being fed. Like little kids or something fighting over candy. Everything else was cool...Shamu, Dolphis, Manatees, Sharks. It was funny cuz we went to the dolphin exhibit, where Karen, me, and this family of 3 got fuckin drenched by a dolphin that swam by. Karen and I didn't get it that bad, but dude, the little kid, probably like 7 years old, got it real bad! He started crying real loud and said, "I got some in my mouth!!" Haha!! It was hilarious!!

Afterwards, we checked in at our hotel at the Westin which is such a dope place because its within walking distance to everything. Later that night, we went to eat at Ra Sushi, drank, then headed back to the hotel. Saturday was a beautiful sunny day, so we visited Balboa Park and went into a couple of museums, drove down to Coronado Island where we walked along the beach, went window shopping, and also had a nice romantic dinner outside along the beach and watched the sun set and the downtown lights turn on. It was awesome! Later that night, I remembered I forgot my dress shoes in irvine, so we just walked around, then ended up at Ra again and drank and ate more food. Yummy! Sunday, walked around next door at Horton Plaza, left for San Clemente to visit her family, then had dinner with Karen's family for Mother's day.

Pretty busy weekend, but I had a blast celebrating Karen's birthday. Happy Birthday again!

Oh yeah, I got to play around with my new dSLR. I'll post some pictures later. I took almost 500 shots so I have to edit some of them out before I post em up.

I had my final physical therapy session today and it went well. There's not much the therapist can do anymore so its all on me. Overall, the ankle feels good, I've been doing some light runs. It doesn't feel the same still, and I dunno if it will ever be. But I'm just glad I can do simple things like walking.

Hmmmm....another free concert that might be on the horizon....check it out.

I might have to dig out my Cross Colors shirt and my Air Jordan IV's for this one!

pics of San Diego to be posted later....

2 comments:

me said...

duuuuuuuuuuuude we have to see those performers=P. woohoo glad you had fun is sd..nice pics of the skyline from coronado!

Dana said...

you work at oc performing arts? what do you do there?