Thursday, May 11


Just got back from the Boyz II Men concert last night, and it was pretty tight! Took me back to my high school/early college years. It kinda sucked that we had to stand the entire time, but hey, it was free! They actually still sound really well as a trio now. As stated earlier, Mike McCary left the group in 2003 because of scoliosis. I remember back in 1998 when I saw them at the Forum, Mike had to just sit on a stool on stage. Pretty sad. But they still can harmonize really well without Mike. They played most of the old school stuff along with some new stuff from their upcoming album that will be out this fall. One of my favorite songs they sang was "Please Don't Go" which is probably my favorite song from the Cooleyhighharmoney album. For some reason, it just sounds dope live. Some of the songs they sang were cut down in length, so in a way that kind of sucked. But I'm glad I got to see them again and knowing that they can put on a good show in front of a sold out House of Blues.

It kinda sucks that they tailed off a bit. I kinda blame the whole pop movement during the late 90's. Yunno, like Brittany, Christina, and those gay-ass boy bands like 'Nsync and Backstreet. (Sorry fans....ahem....Ryan....ahem). j/k!! They took over the airwaves and fans and I guess r&b itself has tanked the past few years. Well, in my opinion. I'm sure they're still good r&b out there, like John Legend and Alicia Keyes, but not much.

Come to think of it, I don't listen to the radio that much anymore in general. Well, for the exception of Kevin & Bean. Probably cuz they play the same shit over and and over again. Today's r&b isn't the same, so I still stick too my high school roots on my Ipod...Shai, Troop, BBD, ABC, Mint Condition, Tony Toni Tone, New Edition, Jodeci, Boyz II Men; and female bands like En Vogue, SWV, TLC, etc. Those were the good old days. Today's r&b isn't just the same anymore (yah, shuddup I'm old!) It's weird, cuz you can listen to these groups and say, 'damn i remember when this song came out.' But some of the stuff they have on now, you probably wont remember it 10 years from now. Again, that's just my opinion.

Here are some pics from the concert. I have some video clips, but I'm feeling lazy right now so I'll post em later. Pretty lucky I got my camera in since I was suppose to check it in after getting searched. But there was a line and Karen was ready to go in already. So we just said f' it, and went in.

As you can see, most of them are blurry, which sucks. With that in mind, I've joined the dSLR club. Hopefully I can take better shots (maybe not at a concert) and wont have to deal with anymore blurriness. But crap, I gotta learn how to use this bad boy.

Oh crap...I just found that my sister is pregnant....AGAIN!! What the eff woman!!?? Slow down!! This is her 5th kid and she's only 33. Good gawd! I swear!! Ever since 1997 with her first child, every two years she gets pregnant. But don't get me wront, I love my neices and nephews, they are the best! They are sooooo cute!!! But man, when they heck are you guys gonna stop!??

Okay, off to San Diego for the weekend. Happy Mother's Day to my mom, sister, grandma, aunts, and all the mothers out there!

No comments: