Wednesday, August 10

Busy weekend. Worked on Saturday for our Broadway Seat Sale. It was pretty fun, although we didn't have Lawry's catering this year. Pizza will do just fine. Thanks Karen for ordering! Afterwards, I went to Friday's with Chels and Karen, and vented about stuff going on. Got home, and knocked out for 3 hours. I was exhausted in the end. Had dinner and watched Coach Carter, which I may say is a pretty good movie.

Sunday, went to the beach to hang out with some friends and had dinner with Karen's family to celebrate her brother's birthday. Afterwards, went to Walmart and did some small shopping.

Monday, I went to work for a few hours to do my reports. My numbers were off, but I just wanted to get the heck out of there. Stayed at work till about 11, then took the rest of the day off using my comp time from Saturday, and met up with Karen's family and relatives from Illinois at California Advernture. It was very hot, but we had a lot of fun. It was suprisingly empty at the park, even though there was traffic for parking. California Screamin was closed due to a previous accident a couple of weeks ago, but we still had fun. Rode Tower of Terror 3 times, Grizzly Bear Run twice, and rode Soarin over California. Didn't get to go into Disneyland, but I have a passport that can take me there anytime I want.

On a sad note, it was back to work for the rest of the week on Tuesday.

On an even sadder note, long time ABC journalist and anchorman Peter Jennings past away this week. If there was another person that was a part of my life ever since the beginning, besides my family, it would probably be him. I remember coming home from school and watching World News Tonight every weekday at 6:30 with parents every now and then. Whenever there were significant events occuring in the world, I would always turn to him. Even now, before he left the air in April, I would occasionally watch the news.

I don't think there's another person that can cover the news better than he did. He was simply the best. I watched a 2 hour special tribute today on him, and I was just overwhelmed the job he did and all that he covered. From the Challenger disaster to 9/11, he was the best. I didn't even know he was Canadian until he became an American citizen in 2003.

Karen summed it up best earlier today. She said, 'They always take the good ones.' And that's really true, and sometimes unfair. I know all this does sound cheesy, but the guy was just a classy person...someone who cannot be replaced.

No comments: