Oh yeah, I completed the AFC Half Marathon in San Diego a couple of weeks ago with a crappy time of 2 hours and 51 minutes. I got too lazy towards the last month training for this event. It was too damn hot this summer. So, instead of running, I actually drank more beer and smoked cigarettes. Bad huh? Well, my main goal was to just finish and do it under 3 hours. So I did. I felt fine after 8 miles, but then it got freakin hot so I started to feel a lil lightheaded. Both of my quads cramped up near the end so it was a struggle. But overally, it was a fun experience and maybe I'll run it again next year. I'm doing the Nike Run Hit Remix again, and I'm doing the same training method: beer and cigarettes.
I'm sorta excited cuz I'm finally going on vacation in about a month. This is actually my FIRST vacation taken in a long time. Sure I've gone on snowboarding trips, traveled to Chicago, the Bay, etc. but those were actually long weekends in which I've taken maybe a day off at the most. I'm close to maxing out on my vacation time, so I'm spending a week at Washington D.C. to see my boy Resty get married, and then taking a quick flight up the New York and spend about five days there. I don't have a lot of money, but I figured if I don't go on vacation now, I probably wont have the opportunity to go until next year. Been reading my books on what places to see, so I'm getting really excited.
Belle, Ryan, the roommates and I had a successful mission surprising Lou on his 28th birthday a couple of weeks ago. He totally thought it was someone from the dorm's birthday, but found out it was for him. Seeing drunk Lou is hilarious. A guy as cool as Lou deserves to be drunk on his birthday. Hehe. But it was pretty cool seeing the crew along with some guys from the old Bahia days. It seemed almost like a reunion.
Checked out Incubus again on Friday at Verizon with awesome seats again. How awesome? This awesome!
Karen and I took Lou and Belle again for Lou's birthday and sat about the 5th row from the front. We also saw Shannon Elizabeth just a few rows in front of us. She's still hot and was totally cool taking pictures with everyone, including the staff event crew. I sorta wanted to take pictures when Belle asked, but I had a feeling Incubus was going to start soon (which they did). It's okay, I've seen her boobs. Awesome! Didn't care so much about The Bravery, who opened, cuz I think they suck. But its always cool to see Incubus live. We got VIP parking and VIP passes to one of the bars there. So we got to go in our own entrance and ignore all the traffic. Happy Birthday again Lou, hope you and Belle enjoyed the show.
Congrats to the new Mr. and Mrs Chris Lapaz! The wedding was beautiful and a lot of fun. Got to see a lot of friends from UCI. How cool was it to listen to Iya's dad sing at her daughter's wedding? Awesome and pretty emotional.
What's not so awesome: the 0-2 Michigan Wolverines. I swear they can't stop a spread offense. Man, I knew their defenese was horrible since loosing Lamar Woodley and Leon Hall to the draft, but good gawd they suck! FIRE COACH LLOYD CARR!!! I'm already sick of losing the games that count (Rose Bowl's and Ohio State matches), now I'm just sick of losing!! BLAH!
Yunno what I'm also sick of....fake people. BLAH! After reading Belle's blog, there's a lot of fake people out there that I know of, even at work. So boo on you fake people.
On a happier note. Happy 4th year anniversary to my poopsie woopsie, Karen! HAHA! Damn 4 years already?? Crazy man!! What did Karen and I do for our anniversary? Had Fatburger for lunch with Jenn, Cesar, Belle, and Lou, drove to Torrance to pick up our Nike Run Hit packets, and ate Japanese food for dinner. Random huh? Sometimes stuff as simple as that can be just as special as dressing up, going out on a huge date, and eating filet mignon or chilean sea bass. A King Burger with egg, cheese, and bacon for lunch, and a Volcano Roll, Korean BBQ, and sushi for dinner does just fine! =) Happy Anniversary again! I love you!
No comments:
Post a Comment