
The wedding was beautiful and we all had a blast in San Francisco!
It kinda sucks cuz even after two weeks, I still wish we were still up in the bay. Had a lot of fun, reminscent of Chicago...staying in the city, taking public transportation to get around, eating at local restaurants, just plain having a good time with a group of people Friday was a long day flying in early in the morning, and pretty much did everything the rest of the day...shopping, site seeing, going to warf, and partying up at night. Saturday we all suited up and enjoyed the lovely ceremony and the lovely open bar. I mean...lovely reception. Good times.
And seriously, its not a complete trip if Keno isn't there. I swear man, this guy is just full of laughs and entertainment that he always makes a trip much more memorable! Haha, whether its him bustin a random lyric, making sharp turns in his car in the streets of SF, watching him dance his drunk-ass off, or looking at him sweat really bad (haha), its all good times for me. Cheers to Keno!
Anyhow, my 1/2 marathon training is going ehhhh. I got sick about a month ago, and it threw my training off. Been trying to stay disciplined and focus, but it sucks when the weather is so hot and after a long day of working, you just want to crash and stay indoors. But I'm doing what I can...ran my longest distance at 10 miles so far on Sunday, and played softball immediately after, and now my ankle isn't liking me right now. Oh well. Got three more weeks to go.
Going to Tucson, Arizona next week for a conference for work. Oh yay, more hot weather. I'll be gone for three nights and I think it'll be sorta cool to explore a little bit, aside from the conference. Not too excited tho, I mean the past couple of years the conference has been in Toronto and Boston. Now, Tucson? Oh well...free trip.
I've been in an 80's music mood lately. Just saw Tears for Fears at the OC Fair (for free!) on Sunday, and ever since, been listening to 80's. I have "Mad World" stuck in my head right now, hehe. The concert was cool, although I only knew their classic tracks, which was probably 5 out of the 15 they played. I still like "Sowing the Seeds of Love" and "Head Over Heels." Pretty interesting cuz I wikipedia'd Tears for Fears and they said that the two members had a pretty bad split up, even taking jabs at each other with their solo music, but finally made amends and came back together.
So now, I've been listening to some Tears for Fears and Spandau Ballet. Yes, there's more to Spandau Ballet than just "True." Actually, thanks to my sister, I grew up listening to a lot of Spandau Ballet when I was little. This was before I got into Depeche Mode, New Order, OMD, Erasure, and other new wave bands. In fact my first concert ever was Depeche Mode at Dodger Stadium back in 1990. Still got my ticket...

Depeche Mode is still around, but they're not the same anymore. Ever since one of their members, Alan Wilder, left they don't have that 'sound' that Alan created. Oh well. At least I got to see them right before they started to go downhill.
Okay I'm done with this boring post. Time to run. Boo.
No comments:
Post a Comment