Hey Karen, you're officially in your late 20's! I hope you enjoyed your birthday this year, even though it was a little more quiet this year.
We finally had our housewarming party. Well, it was mostly just a bbq if anything. Had a lot of friends and co-workers over and a lot of food and beer. Too bad I got left with the burnt bbq ribs. I guess next time I should get first dibs on the good ones I bbq'd instead of the dried up crunchy ones that tasted like ash. Oh well, I'm just glad everyone had a good time.
I've been itching to go to San Diego the past couple of months, and I was finally able to last weekend. Thanks to Cat, some of us got to visit Sea World for free. I think we actually spent more time drinking free samples of beer than watching any of the shows. Come to think of it, all we watched was the Cirque de la muuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuer show. We didnt even get to see Shamu! Oh well, whatever. Then afterwards, we hit up this pretty cheap mexican joint for some grub that Jon took us to, and drank more at Jenn and Cesar's. Spent the following day at their wedding shower where we grubbed more.
Been training, well sort of, the past 2 months for the World Famous Camp Pendleton Mud Run which took place this weekend. It was a lot of fun, running and swimming in mud....something I never thought I'd do. We completed the 6.2 mile run in 1 hour 54 minutes, which I thought was pretty good, although we finished at the bottom in our age category. Oh well, I just wanted to finish it. I'm also using my training for the AFC Half Marathon in August which I signed up as well. I figured that if I can't do a marathon before I end my 20's, then I guess a half will do. Lou had a pretty good point, if I maybe do the Disney half and the AFC Half, then techinically that's kinda like doing a full marathon right?! But then again, I sorta don't wanna pay $95 to run around Anaheim, when I can pay almost half of that and run somewhere nice like San Diego. But, I'll only do it if someone in particular signs up. Anyhow, thank you very much to those that pushed me to run, especially Lou and Belle. Running with you guys made the mud run a lot easier for me.
No comments:
Post a Comment